Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copying formulas

I'd like to paste a formula in one column every 5th row referencing cells in
another column in which the rows are spaced together. In other words, I'd
like to paste in cell A1 the formula =B1*3, and in A6 =B2*3, and so on. Is
there a way to do this without entering a separate formula in every 5th row?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put this in A1:

=INDIRECT("B"&MOD(ROW(A1)+4,5))*3

then copy it to A6, A11, A16 etc.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 31, 2:28*pm, Matt wrote:
I'd like to paste a formula in one column every 5th row referencing cells in
another column in which the rows are spaced together. *In other words, I'd
like to paste in cell A1 the formula =B1*3, and in A6 =B2*3, and so on.. *Is
there a way to do this without entering a separate formula in every 5th row?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The formula that Pete submitted works, but there is a quick way to avoid
pasting it 200 times if you need it that often.

Select cells A1 to A5 copy.
Select an array of cells in column A whose first cell should contain a
formula and whose cell count is DIVIDABLE BY 5, for as far as you want to
have formulas in column A paste.

Feelu.

"Pete_UK" wrote:

Put this in A1: