Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Fast Filter

Hi All,

I have a sheet with Column heads

Name Age Class Fees

I have above 2000 rows data is this posible to filter data by tpeing the
data rather I select one. for example in row 1 if I type *Sh & then enter all
data filter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

I have written some code to allow you to do this.

You can type in *sh* or Sh* or all the usual combinations including the use
of ? as a single placeholder.
Numeric expressions can be AND'd or OR'd
The cells containing any active filters are coloured to show a filter is in
place, and the filter criteria is shown.

A sample file is available for download either from
Debra Dalgleish's site
http://www.contextures.com/Fastfilter.zip

or from Nick Hodge's Excel User Group forum
http://excelusergroup.org/files/fold...entry1194.aspx

--
Regards
Roger Govier