Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sum of values in variable range

How do I add the numerical values in say the second column of a named range
(comprising say 3 columns and 20 rows) from row X to row Y, where X and Y
are the results of calculations in, say, cells A1 and B1?

Many thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=SUM(INDEX(mydata,A1,2):INDEX(mydata,B1,2))
where 'mydata' was the name of my (3 column * 20 row) range
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Lawman" wrote in message
How do I add the numerical values in say the second column of a named
range (comprising say 3 columns and 20 rows) from row X to row Y, where X
and Y are the results of calculations in, say, cells A1 and B1?

Many thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey Bernard ... is that sob a weep? ... or a son of a b----?<vbg

RD

"Bernard Liengme" wrote in message
You don't like my way? Sob!!!
best wishes

variable range John New Users to Excel 2 July 21st 06 03:42 PM
Variable Range sep1280 Excel Worksheet Functions 3 March 6th 06 07:17 AM
from Range variable Marina Limeira Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 January 22nd 06 02:35 PM
Variable in Range aftamath Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 October 6th 05 07:48 PM
How to use a variable for a range Jeff Lowenstein Excel Worksheet Functions 1 July 26th 05 02:14 AM