Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default self calculate

How do I enter a formula that self calculates every time data is entered
such as in out and balance

in out bal
100 100
100 200
50 150 every time something is entered in the in collum or
the out collum
the balance automaticly changes.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=In - Out = Bal
=Bal + In - Out = Bal
Put this in Cell C1 =A1-B1
Put this in Cell C2 =C1+A2-B2 Drag down column C
"ecurb849" wrote:

How do I enter a formula that self calculates every time data is entered
such as in out and balance

in out bal
100 100
100 200
50 150 every time something is entered in the in collum or
the out collum
the balance automaticly changes.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi, try this

Put this formula in C2 and drag down as far as is needed
=IF(COUNT(A2:B2)=0,"",IF(A2,C1+A2,C1-B2))

Put your starting balance in C1
Your first input cell is either A2 or B2

To drag a cell,
Click on the cell
Hover your cursor over the liitle box at the bottom right of cell
When your cursor changes to a small cross click and hold
on it and drag it down to where you want, then let it go.

HTH
Martin

"ecurb849" wrote in message
How do I enter a formula that self calculates every time data is entered
such as in out and balance

in out bal
100 100
100 200
50 150 every time something is entered in the in collum or
the out collum
the balance automaticly changes.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, if the little black box at the bottom right of the highlighted
cell is not showing up you will need to go to
ToolsOptionsEdit tab and make sure that
'Allow cell drag and drop' is checked.

HTH
Martin

"ecurb849" wrote in message
DO I JUST DRAG C2 DOWN?

"ecurb849" wrote in message
How do I enter a formula that self calculates every time data is
entered
such as in out and balance

in out bal
100 100
100 200
50 150 every time something is entered in the in collum
or
the out collum
the balance automaticly changes.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Glad you got it sorted.

Just for the record Mike's formula is more efficient
so the final formula should be
IF(COUNT(A2:B2)=0,"",C1+A2-B2)

Regards
Martin