Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Help please

Can someone hopefully help - i would usually use monarch to solve but haven't
access to it so hoping there is a simple VBA or even a methodology to help.

I basically have a report opened in excel filled with blocks of 5 rows for
each division. The field name is on the first row of the 5 in the first
column and the value i need returning for each name is on the 4th row of each
block.

Is there anything I can do to pull this data in for every field name in this
first column?

I think In simple terms(?) I am asking if I can return the cell that is 5
columns across and 4 rows down for every block of data on the report?

Hopefully havent confused you.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I understand, you want the contents of E4, E9, E14, ..........

Enter the following and copy down:

=INDIRECT("E" & ROWS($A$1:A1)*5-1)

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200776