Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using Wildcard in an IF Statement

I have a column of data, some of which I want to mathematically operate on
and some of which I do not. The cells which I do wish to use to flag the
need to operate will all contain text that starts with the letter "U". Is
there a way to say in an IF Statement "IF cell B3 contains text that begins
with a "U", then run my desired calculation on 2 other cells?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(LEFT(B2,1)="U","do something","do something else")
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200775