Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default compacting spreadsheets

Can you compact excel spreadsheets?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, you can use the built-in file compression utility in Windows, or
use something like WinZip.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 26, 9:58*am, teach1 wrote:
Can you compact excel spreadsheets?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Pete, I need to reduce the size of a spreadsheet but keep it as an
excel document. When you delete records excel does not reduce in size. The
only way to do this is to copy you cells of data to new spreadsheet and then
save to reduce the size. Access has this it is compact database.

On Mar 26, 9:58 am, teach1 wrote:
Can you compact excel spreadsheets?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See