Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional formatting w/ a sumif

I have a sumif formula counting a rolling 6 month period that is summing
total points only accumulated in that 6 months. I'd like to add conditional
formatting that will only change the color if that particular instance of
earning points is being counted in the sumif formula. I also wanted it to
change different colors based on if the particular instance pushed the total
points to equal to or greater than 4, 6 and 8.

So I'm trying to add the conditions to column C (which is dates of a
particular instance) based on whether or not that date is counted in the
total Points in column B (where the sumif formula is located).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I believe you have a formula like the one below

=sumif(SOME CONDITION)

you probably want a diffferent color depending on the results of the summing
like this

=if(sumif(SOME CONDITION) 7,TRUE,FALSE)

add the if statement to a conditoinal formating cell.