Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default i don;t know the correct terms but need help please!

I'm fairly new to Excel and am trying to replicate a spreadsheet I used to
use at work.

Basically, in column B I have a date some time in the future. What I am
trying to get in column A is a formula that will update every day to tell me
how many days remain until the date I have entered in column B. (Essentially
the date in column B minus today's date).

Hopefully that makes sense? I am using the 2000 version if that makes a
difference?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Art Art is offline

In cell A1 write: =B1-TODAY() and format that cell to general by right
clicking on cell A1 and press on the number tab and select "General". Then
press OK and your done. Hope this helps. Let me know.

"novice" wrote:

I'm fairly new to Excel and am trying to replicate a spreadsheet I used to
use at work.

Basically, in column B I have a date some time in the future. What I am
trying to get in column A is a formula that will update every day to tell me
how many days remain until the date I have entered in column B. (Essentially
the date in column B minus today's date).

Hopefully that makes sense? I am using the 2000 version if that makes a
difference?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks very much.
It accepts the formula, but the answer it gives in A1 is 02/01/1900 - is
this something I can fix?

"novice" wrote:

I'm fairly new to Excel and am trying to replicate a spreadsheet I used to
use at work.

Basically, in column B I have a date some time in the future. What I am
trying to get in column A is a formula that will update every day to tell me
how many days remain until the date I have entered in column B. (Essentially
the date in column B minus today's date).

Hopefully that makes sense? I am using the 2000 version if that makes a
difference?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Art Art is offline

You have to format the cell to general as I told you. Did you do that. Look
in the first message how to do that. Let me know if this helps.

"novice" wrote:

I'm fairly new to Excel and am trying to replicate a spreadsheet I used to
use at work.

Basically, in column B I have a date some time in the future. What I am
trying to get in column A is a formula that will update every day to tell me
how many days remain until the date I have entered in column B. (Essentially
the date in column B minus today's date).

Hopefully that makes sense? I am using the 2000 version if that makes a
difference?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oops. I thought I did, but having checked it seems I didn't....
All works perfectly now.
Thanks very much for your help!