Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Any way to check what date a specific data entry (cell) was entere

Is there any way to check what date/time a specific data entry (cell) was
entered? I am running Excel 2007. The file is in .xls format, not .xlsx.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not that I am aware of, unless you check to see when the entire file was last
updated. A difficult question.

"databird" wrote:

Is there any way to check what date/time a specific data entry (cell) was
entered? I am running Excel 2007. The file is in .xls format, not .xlsx.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See this:

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"databird" wrote in message
Is there any way to check what date/time a specific data entry (cell) was
entered? I am running Excel 2007. The file is in .xls format, not .xlsx.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

'when entering data in a cell in Col A
On Error GoTo enditall
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Cells.Column = 1 Then
n = Target.Row
If Excel.Range("A" & n).Value < "" Then
Excel.Range("B" & n).Value = Format(Now, "dd mm yyyy h:mm:ss AM/PM")
enditall:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End S

As you enter data in column A, the date/time will be entered in column B

This is worksheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code".

Copy/paste into that sheet module. Adjust to suit. Alt + q to return to the
Excel window.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 18:11:02 -0700, databird
wrote:

Is there any way to check what date/time a specific data entry (cell) was
entered? I am running Excel 2007. The file is in .xls format, not .xlsx.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So in other words, unless I implemented these specific methods prior to
entry, there's no way to retroactively go back and look at when certain
values were entered.

Damn. Good to know for future reference.