Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cells turn colors if greater than specified values or pop up remin

I already have the following formula in this cell but I also want to add that
if the sum is greater than or equal to 4, it will turn red and/or have a pop
up message. Any help is appreciated!

=SUMIF(C3:CE3,"=" & DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())-6,DAY(TODAY())),E3:CE3)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Format|Conditional format
Select cell value is
4

Pick a colour
Click OK

Mike

"hmsawyer" wrote:

I already have the following formula in this cell but I also want to add that
if the sum is greater than or equal to 4, it will turn red and/or have a pop
up message. Any help is appreciated!

=SUMIF(C3:CE3,"=" & DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())-6,DAY(TODAY())),E3:CE3)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I never checked you formula before my previous post but it will be very
unusual for it ever to be <4 because your summing dates. Also your ranges are
different lengths. Could you really mean

=COUNTIF(C3:CE3,"="&DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODA Y())-6,DAY(TODAY())))

or possibly
=SUMIF(C3:CE3,"=" & DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())-6,DAY(TODAY())),C4:CE4)

Mike

"hmsawyer" wrote:

I already have the following formula in this cell but I also want to add that
if the sum is greater than or equal to 4, it will turn red and/or have a pop
up message. Any help is appreciated!

=SUMIF(C3:CE3,"=" & DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY())-6,DAY(TODAY())),E3:CE3)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cells turn colors if greater than specified values or pop up r

I acutally have a vlookup formula in it, so it is returning a point value
based on the date. Your first suggestion worked. Thanks so much!