Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default .wdb in excel

My old computer had MS Word and Works. My new computer has MS Office and
Excel. Some of my files are saved as .wdb Is there any way I can get them
back and work on them in Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

To the best of my recollection *.wdb files were MS works database files so
you would probably want to open these with MS Access. Works spreadsheets were
*.wks and MS office will open these.

Mike

"TheRileySix" wrote:

My old computer had MS Word and Works. My new computer has MS Office and
Excel. Some of my files are saved as .wdb Is there any way I can get them
back and work on them in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for responding Mike. I have Office 2003. I tried MS Access but it
still says it's the wrong format. I can get to my old comp. Is there a way
I can open the files I need and save them differently so my new one will open
them?

"TheRileySix" wrote:

My old computer had MS Word and Works. My new computer has MS Office and
Excel. Some of my files are saved as .wdb Is there any way I can get them
back and work on them in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I was amazed when I googled it at how difficult this appears to be without a
copy of MS Works. I googled 'open .wdb files' and got thousands of hits
telling me how difficult it is. I suggest you ask around some
coleagues/friends for someone who has works and get then to open and save in
a format Office can use.

Mike