KateZito

Default excel date shows 01/00/1900!

I have a whole spreadsheet where when I type in the date i.e. 3/5/05 it then
shows 1/00/00 as the date! I have tried changing the format to the many
different ways to show the date, but I can't get it to show 3/5/05! Is there
something I am missing?

Thank you so much for your help!

Katie
Barb R.

I'm guessing that you entered the date in the cell like this

=3/5/05

If so, a calculation is being done. I get 1/0/1900 when I enter it that way.

Try just entering it as 3/5/05 with no equal sign.

"KateZito" wrote:

I have a whole spreadsheet where when I type in the date i.e. 3/5/05 it then
shows 1/00/00 as the date! I have tried changing the format to the many
different ways to show the date, but I can't get it to show 3/5/05! Is there
something I am missing?

Thank you so much for your help!

Katie

KateZito

Actually no. I did get my problem solved though. Thank you for your
response.

The problem was that when the spreadsheet was transfered over from Lotus it
assumed that it was a formula - not a date.

(I will put the directions on here in case anyone else has this problem)

Go to Tools/Options.../Transitions tab

Uncheck the box at the very bottom (Transition formula entry)

Thanks again for your response!

Katie