Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do you insert drop down values at the top of a column in Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want to set up an AutoFilter

Try this:
Select the data list

From the Excel Main Menu:
<data<filter<autofilter

That will put drop-down arrows at the top of each column that can be used to
filter the data.

To remove them....repeat the process<data<filter<autofilter

Does that help?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do you insert drop down values at the top of a column in E

Ron,

You answered my question but I wasn't clear what I need. After further
research, what I need to understand is how to do validations - that is, force
the user to only use one of four choices from a select list. I think that I
know how to do validations but in a clumsy way.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

If you want to set up an AutoFilter

Try this:
Select the data list

From the Excel Main Menu:
<data<filter<autofilter

That will put drop-down arrows at the top of each column that can be used to
filter the data.

To remove them....repeat the process<data<filter<autofilter

Does that help?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Watch this 5 min video:

How to setup a data validation drop down list:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP