Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Finding the Access query a pivot table is based on

Hi,

I took over some reporting from someone else who created pivot tables based
on some access queries. All I need to do is to refresh the pivot table to
get updated data. I want to find out which query in my access database the
pivot table is using but cannot seem to locate this. Is there a way in excel
to identify this?

Thanks,
--
Chuck W
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps one of these approaches:

Method_1:
Right-Click on the pivot table
Select: Pivot Table Wizard
....Click the [Back] button
....Click the [Get Data] button

That should open MS Query
....where you'll be able to see and edit the
details by clicking the [SQL] button

Method_2:
Use the Pivot Play PLUS add-in at
Debra Dalgleish's website (don't worry,it's free):
http://www.contextures.com/xlPivotPlayPLUS01.html

Then you can easily view and edit the data source and the SQL.

Does that help?
Post back if you have more questions.

Regards,

Ron