Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula with Text

THanks... I left that out sorry.. I am multiply by c1. I will try your
response below and just change b1 to c1 THANKS

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Multiply what by 100% or 25%?
If you are looking at the content of A1 for your text, and multiplying B1,
then try
=IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("BW",A1)),B1,B1*25%) if you want the search to be case
sensitive, or
=IF(ISNUMBER(SEARCH("BW",A1)),B1,B1*25%) if not case sensitive.
--
David Biddulph

"phardy" wrote in message
Hello,
I am trying to right a formula that will read text. The formula would be
if
BW is in the cell then multiply by 100% if BW is not in the text field
multiply by 25%

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks for any help:)