Dr. Sachin Wagh

Default trend

Is there any way in which I could arrive at a trend on reducing percentage
Starting with 13% for 2000 &
Dropping to 8% for 10000
So basically, when I put any value between 2000 & 10000; say, 7569 in c1, I
get the corresponding % in c2

--
Dr. Sachin Wagh
MBBS, DHA, DPH
Max

One way ..

Assume the known data below is in A1:B2

2000 13%
10000 8%

and C1 contains 7569

Put in say, C2: =FORECAST(C1,$B$1:$B$2,$A$1:$A$2)

C2 will return 9.52%
--
Rgds
Max
"Dr. Sachin Wagh" wrote in message
Is there any way in which I could arrive at a trend on reducing percentage
Starting with 13% for 2000 &
Dropping to 8% for 10000
So basically, when I put any value between 2000 & 10000; say, 7569 in c1,

get the corresponding % in c2

--
Dr. Sachin Wagh
MBBS, DHA, DPH

Max

C2 will return 9.52%

with C2 formatted as percentage (to 2 dp)
(via Format Cells Percentage 2 dp OK)
--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

Dr. Sachin Wagh

Thanx a ton Max,

The graph represents a straight line decline; what I had earlier thought
that this might lead to a parabolic curve
..
. .
. .
Any comments

Regards

Sachin

"Max" wrote:

C2 will return 9.52%

with C2 formatted as percentage (to 2 dp)
(via Format Cells Percentage 2 dp OK)
--
Rgds
Max
xl 97
---
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

Dr. Sachin Wagh

for
2000
3000
4000
10000

Thanx
Sachin

"Max" wrote:

C2 will return 9.52%

with C2 formatted as percentage (to 2 dp)
(via Format Cells Percentage 2 dp OK)
--
Rgds
Max
xl 97
---
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

Max

You're welcome !
Sorry I don't have any further comments to offer
Hang around awhile for better insights from others
--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----
"Dr. Sachin Wagh" wrote in message
Thanx a ton Max,

The graph represents a straight line decline; what I had earlier thought
that this might lead to a parabolic curve
.
. .
. .
Any comments

Regards

Sachin

Jerry W. Lewis

With only 2 known data points, you can only fit a straight line, unless
you know from outside sources the specific parametric form (assuming it
is uniquely defined by two data points).

Jerry

"Max" wrote:

C2 will return 9.52%

with C2 formatted as percentage (to 2 dp)
(via Format Cells Percentage 2 dp OK)
--
Rgds
Max
xl 97
---
GMT+8, 1° 22' N 103° 45' E
xdemechanik <atyahoo<dotcom
----

AlfD

Hi!

Those values are only half of the information needed. For each of these
x-values you need either a y-value, or a formula to calculate it or a
graph of some sort (drawn or expressed in coordinates, for example)
from which to read it.

You said earlier you had thought "this might lead to a parabolic
curve". What is the "this" and why do you think parabolic?

Alf