Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default value error

I was trying to copy an example from excel help(I typed in nper function into
the search box) into a worksheet and was getting a value error. Why was I
getting this and how can I make it so I do not have the value error?

Here is what I was trying to copy:

A B
Data Description
12% Annual interest rate
-100 Payment made each period
-1000 Present value
10000 Future value
1 Payment is due at the beginning of the period (see above)
Formula Description (Result)
=NPER(A2/12, A3, A4, A5, 1) Periods for the investment with the above terms
(60)
=NPER(A2/12, A3, A4, A5) Periods for the investment with the above terms,
except payments are made at the beginning of the period (60)
=NPER(A2/12, A3, A4) Periods for the investment with the above terms, except
with a future value of 0 (-9.578)

And here is what happened when I pasted it:

A B
Data Description
12% Annual interest rate
-100 Payment made each period
-1000 Present value
10000 Future value
1 Payment is due at the beginning of the period (see above)
Formula Description (Result)
#VALUE! Periods for the investment with the above terms (60)
#VALUE! Periods for the investment with the above terms, except payments are
made at the beginning of the period (60)
#VALUE! Periods for the investment with the above terms, except with a
future value of 0 (-9.578)

--
Amy Howell
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You didn't copy the help file example properly. Place your cursor in front
of the D in the word Data then drag down thru the row ending with -9.578 and
paste in cell A1. Works fine. Click first on "How to copy an example". You
must not copy the row or column headers.

Tyro