WZabrouski

Default Excel Counts Cells

Can anyone tell me the formula to have Excel count cells? If I have 100
different values or names, can I put a formula in a cell to count the number
values or names? Thanks for your help!!
Jason Morin

Go to XL help and read up on COUNT, COUNTA, and COUNTIF.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

Dave Peterson

=counta(a1:A100)
will count the number of cells with something in them (values or formulas)

=count(a1:a100)
will count the number of cells containing numbers.

Debra Dalgleish has a bunch of tips for counting/summing at:
and

--

Dave Peterson

Can anyone tell me the formula to have Excel count

cells? If I have 100
different values or names, can I put a formula in a cell

to count the number
values or names? Thanks for your help!!
.
Use "COUNTA" insterd of "COUNT". This will count all non

blank cells.
Mal