Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Comparing Spreadsheets - best practices

I have two spreadsheets that contain names, addresses, telephone numbers,
etc. of prospects. Both sheets have about 4000+- contacts. I want to
compare the two and accomplish a couple things but i'll just start with the
first and go from the

I want to see what companies are found on both lists so that i can compare
the names and addresses and update one list against the other (one is new and
one is old).

Any ideas on the best way to go about this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DM DM is offline

if you either know Access or are willing to try if you have Access, import
the two into one table and generate a report by grouping the companies. this
will keep like info together for comparison.