Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Display 3 Minimum Time slots

I Have Data as Follows

A B C D E
Time 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
7:00 0 1
7:10 0 0
7:20 1 2
7:30 4 1
7:40 3 3
7:50 8 9
8:00 10 11
8:10 8 5
8:20 15 11
Etc

7:00, 7:10, 7:20 etc are clock time and 0 , 1 , 4 etc are No of Employees
who ented the gate.

I want to find out the 3 Clock time for each day where min Employees has
entered the gate for each day. want to Insert a Formula Below each Column.

Eg Sol. for Data Above (3 Least busy time Slots)

A B C
7:00 7:10
7:10 7:00
7:20 7:30

Basically I want to Know for each day, 3 Slots of time where entry in minimum.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a look at the SMALL function in Excel Help.

Pete

On Mar 13, 1:25*pm, claude jerry
wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this in B11, and copy down and across

=INDEX($A$2:$A$10,MATCH(SMALL(B$2:B$10+ROW($A$2:$A $10)*10^(-3),ROW(A1)),B$2:B$10+ROW($A$2:$A$10)*10^(-3),0))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.
Excel will automatically enclose the formula in braces (curly brackets), do
not try to do this manually.
When editing the formula, it must again be array-entered.

Note that you cannot use a whole column in array formulae (prior to excel
2007), but must use an explicit range.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"claude jerry" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Bob. it works fine
Just a small question

What does *10^(-3), row() do ?

and what should I do to modify the formula say if I need 5 least time slots
insted of 3

Thanks

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I added the ROW($A$2:$A$10)*10^(-3) to cater for duplicates, otherwise 7:00
showed twice, so I added a small variable increment onto each value to
uniqify it.

If you want 5, just copy it down a further 2 rows.
--
---

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Try this in B11, and copy down and across

=INDEX($A$2:$A$10,MATCH(SMALL(B$2:B$10+ROW($A$2:$A $10)*10^(-3),ROW(A1)),B$2:B$10+ROW($A$2:$A$10)*10^(-3),0))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter,
not
just Enter.
Excel will automatically enclose the formula in braces (curly brackets),
do
not try to do this manually.
When editing the formula, it must again be array-entered.

Note that you cannot use a whole column in array formulae (prior to excel
2007), but must use an explicit range.

--
---
HTH