Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do I sort excel 03 sheet by date order?

I have a column in a spreadsheet which gives specific dates eg day, month,
year and even though I have formatted the column to include date format but
when I try to do a whole sheet sort with date as the parameter it does not
work?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Give that column of dates an unambiguous date format like: mmmm dd, yyyy

Then scroll through your list of dates. If any of the cells don't look like
that format, then it means that the value in that cell is not a date. Reenter
that date and you should see the nicely formatted date.

After you've converted all the non-dates to dates, you can sselect your range
(don't let excel guess).

And do the data|sort to see if it worked ok.

--

Dave Peterson