Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do i set up a 3d reference where one cell reference is dynamic

I have an excel workbook with multiple work sheets (Summary, January,
february..., December) On the Summary worksheet I want to create a 3d
reference summing all B9 cells across the monthly worksheets. I can do this
for a specified range of months, like =sum(january:December!B9. I want the
second reference, December, to be variable, like february or september.

I tried indirect but it evaluates the string left to right and consequently
gives me a name error.

Any suggestions as to how I do this?