-   -   Can I change the cell highlighting colour? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/179115-can-i-change-cell-highlighting-colour.html)

LJDL

Can I change the cell highlighting colour?

In Excel 2007 when you select cells it highlights them with a very faint blue
fill. Is there anyway to change the colour or depth of the fill as I have a
user who finds it difficult to see which cells have been selected.

Thanks

John

Chip Pearson

Can I change the cell highlighting colour?

Excel doesn't provide such functionality directly. You might be interested
in my RowLiner add-in that does something quite similar to what you are
looking for.

See http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/RowLiner.aspx for details and download.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"LJDL" wrote in message
In Excel 2007 when you select cells it highlights them with a very faint
blue
fill. Is there anyway to change the colour or depth of the fill as I have
user who finds it difficult to see which cells have been selected.

Thanks

John

LJDL

Can I change the cell highlighting colour?

Thanks Chip. Will that work if I have multiple cells, A2, D5, E1 etc
selected. Sometimes the users will need to add data together that isn't held
at the bottom of columns etc

John

"LJDL" wrote in message
In Excel 2007 when you select cells it highlights them with a very faint
blue
fill. Is there anyway to change the colour or depth of the fill as I have
user who finds it difficult to see which cells have been selected.

Thanks

John

Chip Pearson

Can I change the cell highlighting colour?

The leader lines are place only around the active cell, regardless of what
cells are selected.