Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Ron is offline

Default "classic" yellow highlighter

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find
any definitive answer in the discussion groups.

What I want to do is highlight some text, not all, inside a cell. The effect
would be just like using a highlighter on paper. This is easily done in Word,
but I can't find any way to do it in Excel.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW - using Excel 2003 w/ Windows XP SP2

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Select the cell and in the formula bar select the bit of text you want
highlighted and click the font colour you want.

Mike

"ron" wrote:

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find
any definitive answer in the discussion groups.

What I want to do is highlight some text, not all, inside a cell. The effect
would be just like using a highlighter on paper. This is easily done in Word,
but I can't find any way to do it in Excel.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW - using Excel 2003 w/ Windows XP SP2

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Ron is offline

Thanks for the quick reply!

However, the effect I'm really wanting would be just like a highlighter used
on paper. Changing the color of the text isn't quite what I need.

Thanks, again.

"ron" wrote:

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find
any definitive answer in the discussion groups.

What I want to do is highlight some text, not all, inside a cell. The effect
would be just like using a highlighter on paper. This is easily done in Word,
but I can't find any way to do it in Excel.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BTW - using Excel 2003 w/ Windows XP SP2

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Ron is offline

I thought not.