Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Consecutive cells pulling data from non-consective cells

New job-rewriting the spreadsheet we use for scheduling. What I have is one
sheet detailing test scheduling with one day every three rows and one sheet
detailing man-hours with one day per row. Is there a way I can pull the
daily hours from each row of the one sheet to every third row of the other?

i.e.

A3=A1
A6=A2
A9=A3... etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well I guess my question still stands, though I did find a way to get around
it.

Is there a way to make what I asked happen (it would save me a bit of time
over what I am doing now)?

"seed" wrote:

New job-rewriting the spreadsheet we use for scheduling. What I have is one
sheet detailing test scheduling with one day every three rows and one sheet
detailing man-hours with one day per row. Is there a way I can pull the
daily hours from each row of the one sheet to every third row of the other?

i.e.

A3=A1
A6=A2
A9=A3... etc.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(MOD(ROW(),3)=0,OFFSET(Sheet1!A$1,ROW()/3-1,0),"") will answer what
you've said in the text, which pulls from consecutive cells in the source
sheet to non-consecutive cells on the destination sheet.
Your subject line seemed to be the opposite, and would be
=OFFSET(Sheet2!A$1,ROW()*3-1,0)
--
David Biddulph