-   -   what are my options to protect a sheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/178827-what-my-options-protect-sheet.html)

Jason

what are my options to protect a sheet?

I have a to do list I want to share with my team. I have some columns
formatted as dates, borders on cells, etc. Is there a way I can protect the
formatting before I send it out? I have had problems in the past with
deleting a cell & losing the formatting. Using "clear contents" eliminates
that problem, but I want to make it fool-proof for the less than savvy in
Excel.

Jason

what are my options to protect a sheet?

Forgot to mention--using Excel 2000. I think newer versions address this but
not sure if I can do it with 2000.

thanks!