Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell Shading via a formula?

I am using the vlookup function to return a value however I also want to set
the shading of the cell depending on the value in the lookup table. Do you
know if it is possible to this using a function?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Bob, I've tried the conditional formatting which goes half way to
solving my problem however I have more than three conditions which I want to
check against. So I will have to try something else.

"Wayne" wrote in message
I am using the vlookup function to return a value however I also want to
set
the shading of the cell depending on the value in the lookup table. Do
you
know if it is possible to this using a function?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob has an add-in on his site he

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html

which will give you up to 30 CF conditions per cell.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Wayne" wrote in message
I am using the vlookup function to return a value however I also want to
set
the shading of the cell depending on the value in the lookup table. *Do
you
know if it is possible to this using a function?- Hide quoted text -