Monty

Default How do I automatically change text

I would like to automatically change the text in a series of cells.
For example the value currently shown in the cell is "
00/05-05-097-5W5/00 ". How would I remove the 00/ & /00, so the cell
would show " 05-05-097-5W5 "?
I hope this is not too confusing. Thanks Monty
Biff

Hi!

Select the range in question
Goto EditFind
Find what: 00/
Replace with: nothing, leave this blank.
Click Find All
Now, if you have other entries like this in other
locations on your sheet and you do not want those to be
changed then in the little box that lists all instances of
the text found in the range, to replace, select all the
entries listed and then click Replace. If you don't have
other entries like this then click Replace All. Clicking
Replace All will replace every instance found anywhere on
the sheet so you need to exercise a little caution.

Then repeat the process for /00.

OR, you could use a helper column and use this formula:

=SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"00/",""),"/00","")

Copy down as needed. Then select all those formulas and do
a Copy/Paste Special Values. Delete the original list.

Biff

I would like to automatically change the text in a series

of cells.
For example the value currently shown in the cell is "
00/05-05-097-5W5/00 ". How would I remove the 00/ & /00,

so the cell
would show " 05-05-097-5W5 "?
I hope this is not too confusing. Thanks Monty
.

Monty

Thanks for the help.

Monty