-   -   How can I make pivot table sub-totals bold? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/178191-how-can-i-make-pivot-table-sub-totals-bold.html)

Neville Bailey

How can I make pivot table sub-totals bold?

I have created a pivot table, with numerous sub-totals. Is it possible to
format the sub-total lines so that they appear as bold?

Jim Thomlinson

How can I make pivot table sub-totals bold?

Have you looked at auto formatting the pivot table. On the pivot table
toolbar there is a button with a lightning bolt. It might be worth a look.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Neville Bailey" wrote:

I have created a pivot table, with numerous sub-totals. Is it possible to
format the sub-total lines so that they appear as bold?

Neville Bailey[_2_]

How can I make pivot table sub-totals bold?

Thanks, Jim - that's exactly what I was looking for!

"Neville Bailey" wrote:

I have created a pivot table, with numerous sub-totals. Is it possible to
format the sub-total lines so that they appear as bold?

Roger Govier[_3_]

How can I make pivot table sub-totals bold?

Hi Neville

In addition to Jim's suggestion, you can also choose any formatting you wish
just for the subtotal rows.
Hover with the cursor in the left most cell of the subtotal row until you
see a bold right pointing arrow, then click.
that will select all SubtotalsFormat in any way you wish.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Neville Bailey" <Neville wrote in message
I have created a pivot table, with numerous sub-totals. Is it possible to
format the sub-total lines so that they appear as bold?

Neville Bailey[_2_]

How can I make pivot table sub-totals bold?

Wow, thanks Roger - even better! Thanks.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Neville

In addition to Jim's suggestion, you can also choose any formatting you wish
just for the subtotal rows.
Hover with the cursor in the left most cell of the subtotal row until you
see a bold right pointing arrow, then click.
that will select all SubtotalsFormat in any way you wish.
--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Neville Bailey" <Neville wrote in message
I have created a pivot table, with numerous sub-totals. Is it possible to
format the sub-total lines so that they appear as bold?

Pat Dools

How can I make pivot table sub-totals bold?

Such a simple thing - GREAT to know! Thank you!
--
Pat Dools