Significent

Default line numbering

I've always made the row numbers formulae like this:

a) Put the number 1 in cell A1
b) Put the formula =a1+1 in cell A2
c) Copy cell A2 down as many rows as you need.
d) Insert a row between two rows
e) Copy the cell above the blank cell to the blank
cell and the cell below the blank cell.

"justamailman" wrote:

Hi, is it possible to number my line in a way that if in the future I have to
add someone in between the rest of the lines will renumber themselves
automatically. It is for a mail run . We can do that with field in Word
--
XP home , Office 97

any or all responses are gratefully accepted and thank you for your time

Running Compaq P3, 500Mhz
WIN XP home, Office 97
Dialup (no choice here)