Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dan dan is offline

Default Unable to open large spreadsheet

Excel 2003. I have an Excel file I've been working with for 4 years. There
are 23,161 records, each record has 11 fields. The File size is 87MB.
A month ago it opened OK and I was copying pivot charts to powerpoint.
Today, I can't get it to open and I receive a message that Excel encountered
a problem and needs to close. I checked "Recover my work..." and clicked
"Don't send".
I tried to repair and I was told it was repaired, but still it won't open
and I get the same message again. I've rebooted and had no other application
running. Luckily, I had a month-old backup! I have 1 MB RAM, 14 of 41 GB
available on Hard Drive, avail. physical mem. of 423MB and 2GB virtual mem.
Any help would be appreciated.