-   -   Changing IN NEW SHEETS the default color of Grid Lines (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/177883-changing-new-sheets-default-color-grid-lines.html)

FARAZ QURESHI

Changing IN NEW SHEETS the default color of Grid Lines

About some time back T Valko & Gord quite helped me a lot in changing the
gridlines' by default to be to Pale Blue color upon everytime I open the
MS-Excel by using XLStart.

However, the only problem is that while the great idea is working great,
upon inserting an additional sheet (Shift+F11) the new sheet is again in the
old Excel format?

Any idea how to takeover the same!

T. Valko

Changing IN NEW SHEETS the default color of Grid Lines

Open a new workbook
Delete all the sheets except Sheet1
Set the gridlines to the desired color
Now, save this file as filename Sheet.xlt
Also save this file in your XLStart folder

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote in message
About some time back T Valko & Gord quite helped me a lot in changing the
gridlines' by default to be to Pale Blue color upon everytime I open the
MS-Excel by using XLStart.

However, the only problem is that while the great idea is working great,
upon inserting an additional sheet (Shift+F11) the new sheet is again in
the
old Excel format?

Any idea how to takeover the same!

FARAZ QURESHI

Changing IN NEW SHEETS the default color of Grid Lines

Sorry Biff,

But still the same problem is faced!

"T. Valko" wrote:

Open a new workbook
Delete all the sheets except Sheet1
Set the gridlines to the desired color
Now, save this file as filename Sheet.xlt
Also save this file in your XLStart folder

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"FARAZ QURESHI" wrote in message
About some time back T Valko & Gord quite helped me a lot in changing the
gridlines' by default to be to Pale Blue color upon everytime I open the
MS-Excel by using XLStart.

However, the only problem is that while the great idea is working great,
upon inserting an additional sheet (Shift+F11) the new sheet is again in
the
old Excel format?

Any idea how to takeover the same!

T. Valko

Changing IN NEW SHEETS the default color of Grid Lines

Hmmm...

It works for me. I don't know any other way to do it.