Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to "copy-down" a formula in a Very LONG Column?

Excel 2007...

I put a formula in cell C1.
I want to copy it down to the end of the column, but the column has
140,00 records.
It takes Several minutes to scroll manually.
Is there a faster way to do it?

Thanks, in advance.

Mark246
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the range first

type c1:c1400000 into the name box
type the formula for C1 (the activecell)
but hit ctrl-enter to fill the selection with the formula.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,

This is probably a hack way of doing it, but you can just copy that first
cell, then click on the column letter (B for example) and paste it to the
whole column. Now, it'll go past your 14,000 lines, so there's probably a
better way of doing it :)

"Mark246" wrote:

Excel 2007...

I put a formula in cell C1.
I want to copy it down to the end of the column, but the column has
140,00 records.
It takes Several minutes to scroll manually.
Is there a faster way to do it?

Thanks, in advance.

Mark246

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With C1 highlighted, put your mouse pointer on the fill box (the small box
on the bottom right corner), and double click.

Neat, eh?

Regards,
Fred.

"Mark246" wrote in message
Excel 2007...

I put a formula in cell C1.
I want to copy it down to the end of the column, but the column has
140,00 records.
It takes Several minutes to scroll manually.
Is there a faster way to do it?

Thanks, in advance.

Mark246

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

D-click only works if you have data in an adjacent column that runs down to
C14000.

I would just enter the formula in C1 then in the namebox type C1:C14000 and
ENTER.

Then CTRL + D to fill down to C14000.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP