Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hidden file?

Excel Office 2003 on 2 machines. Workbook, a few Mb, created on 1 machine.
Everything appears normal except when minimizing file, it very briefly
appears at bottom of window as a very long bar and then appears as a normal
sized minimized file. The only file of very many that appears this way on
1st machine. Can live with that but when I pass the file via a flash memory
stick to a 2nd machine, I have the real problem.
The file appears in the Excel drop down menu and I can select it to open.
However, the file does not appear in the Excel window, not even as a
minimized file. When I try to close the file or close Excel, I am asked if I
want to save the changes that I made. I have made no changes, I never see
the opened file. The only file of very many on the 2nd machine that behaves
this way. I have tried everything I can on both machines. HELP!