Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to Create a Date Series across a row?

Greetings all. I've run into a roadblock in Excel 2007.

I am trying to create an ascending date series across a row, with each
3-cell section containing the same month, day and year. So, for example :
Cells A1 - C1 = 1/1/03 1/1/03 1/1/03
Cells D1 - F1 = 2/1/03 2/1/03 2/1/03
Cells G1 - I1 = 3/1/03 3/1/03 3/1/03, etc.

In previous vesions of excel I could type the first date of the series in
cell A1, the second date of the series in cell D1, the third in cell G1. Then
select all cells from A1 - I1, drag to the end of the row. Then Edit Go To
Blanks OK. Click the "=" sign in the formula bar, select the cell with

the first date (A1),hold down CNTRL and press ENTER. The date range would
then be autofilled through the entire row, continuing through whatever date
could fit in the last cell of the row.

It seems to me this should be a "Fill" option from the Editing portion of
the ribbon in Excel 2007. But I just can't figure it out. Any
information/solution would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming your date format is m/d/y...

Enter this formula in A1 and copy across as needed:

=DATE(2003,CEILING(COLUMNS($A1:A1)/3,1),1)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Equinor" wrote in message
[...]