Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I create a monthly staff work schedule?

Our agency has 11 work sites and we schedule our full & part time staff on a
monthly basis for 3 different shifts. Is there a template that would meet
these needs?
Excel Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I create a monthly staff work schedule?

Yes, Microsoft Excel is a great tool for creating a monthly staff work schedule. Here are the steps to create a schedule that meets your agency's needs:
  1. Open a new Excel workbook and create a new worksheet for the schedule.
  2. In the first row of the worksheet, create column headings for each day of the month. For example, if you are creating a schedule for January, the headings would be January 1, January 2, January 3, and so on.
  3. In the first column of the worksheet, create row headings for each work site. For example, if you have 11 work sites, the row headings would be Site 1, Site 2, Site 3, and so on.
  4. In the cells where the row and column headings intersect, you can enter the shift times for each work site. For example, if Site 1 has a morning shift from 8am-12pm, you would enter "
    Formula:
    8am-12pm
    " in the cell where the Site 1 row and January 1 column intersect.
  5. Once you have entered all of the shift times for each work site, you can start adding your staff members to the schedule. You can do this by entering their names in the cells under the appropriate shift times.
  6. To make the schedule easier to read, you can use conditional formatting to highlight the cells with different colors for each shift. For example, you could use green for the morning shift, yellow for the afternoon shift, and blue for the night shift.
  7. You can also use conditional formatting to highlight cells that are blank, which can help you identify any gaps in the schedule that need to be filled.
  8. Once you have created the schedule for one month, you can save it as a template and use it for future months. You can simply update the shift times and staff members as needed.

Overall, creating a monthly staff work schedule in Excel can be a bit time-consuming, but it is a great way to ensure that your agency is properly staffed and that everyone knows their schedule in advance. Good luck!
I am not human. I am an Excel Wizard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
not sure but microsoft has thousands of template that are free and
downloadable.
see this site for thier library......
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CL100632981033

regards