Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Charts

I am using XP Professional with Excel 2000. I would like to show a
comparison of 4 companies and their 2008 sales data vs. their 2007 data (for
the same date ranges one year to the next). I'd like to show this on the
same chart using cluster columns for the 2008 totals, and then lines for the
2007 totals. I managed to create the chart once, and yet can't seem to do it
again. Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Charts - Need Help

Follow up to my first post - I can succesfully create the column with all
correct data. Do I next need to add a second axis for the comparable 2007
data? If so where do I find that option? I'm stuck and need help please!

"kwhite" wrote:

I am using XP Professional with Excel 2000. I would like to show a
comparison of 4 companies and their 2008 sales data vs. their 2007 data (for
the same date ranges one year to the next). I'd like to show this on the
same chart using cluster columns for the 2008 totals, and then lines for the
2007 totals. I managed to create the chart once, and yet can't seem to do it
again. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What's more important, comparing year-over-year sales, or company-by-company
sales? I might consider a multiple-chart approach.

If comparing the companies is more important, I would first try a line chart
with four series, covering the two year time span from left to right. If the
year-by-year comparisons were more important, I'd try four line small
charts, each showing last year and this year for a company.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions