Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default changing dates into months

Hi,
I have the following problem:

I'm exporting some timesheet data from SharePoint into Excel 2007.

It's in the following format:

Project
Name
date (e.g.: 10.02.2008)
hours worked

And so on.

I can easily export this into Excel 2007.

However, I want to build reports that group the timesheet entries
according to weeks and months.

Now i just have a big list of dates. I want to have Months, and within
that weeks.

Anyone got any tips on how to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!
Helen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
if your format is 10.02.08 then you may have a problem unless you are
european and your pc accommodates that format.
you can use this formula to extract the month
=month(a1) where a1 is the cell with the date.
if you have the analysis tool pack installed you can use this formula to
extract the week.
=weeknum(A1,2)
if you don't have the analysys tool pack installed, you can install it from
your installation disk.
if you don't have a disk, see this site.
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/weeknum.htm

regards
FSt1