Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lee lee is offline

Default Macro "disable or enable" screen

When I start up an excel file a message comes up that says this file contains
a macro. How can I find it to delete it. I tried to make one when I first
started on it but then decided not to. I deleted everything that I could
fine. Any suggestions on how to get this to go away so it does not come up
every time?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Press Alt+F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor and press Control + R to open
the Project Explorer window (which should appear in the top left corner of
the window).

Look for the VBAProject (YourWorkBookName) in the Project Explorer, and if
there's a + sign in the folder directly below it, click the + sign to expand
the list of workbook objects. Double-click on each sheet in the workbook and
make sure that there isn't any code in a worksheet module. After reviewing
all worksheets, double-click the workbook icon and make sure that there are
no workbook level modules. Finally, if there is a modulles folder beneath
the workbook tree, right click on each module and select Remove module, when
asked to export before removing say yes just to be on the safe side. Repeat
for any other modul.es.

Click FILE in the VBE menu and select CLOSE AND RETURN TO MICROSOFT EXCEL.
Then click WINDOW in the menu and if UNHIDE is available click UNHIDE. If
you have a hidden workbook named PERSONAL, repeat the same procedure as
outlined above. You may have saved some code to a personal workbook at some
point.

Hope this helps...
--
Kevin Backmann