Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default move duplicate row up to a new column

I have a spreadsheet with over 7000 rows where over 4800 rows are at least
duplicates if not triplicates. Each row contains a column showing a branch
number, address and dollar amount contained in each account. It looks
something like this (except that there are about 50 columns worth of data):

A B C D E
firstname lastname branch AcctAddress $amt

Jane Doe 123 main street $100
Jane Doe 896 river road $50
Jane Doe 572 long way $50
Steve Sandman 673 sandy way $250
Steve Sandman 123 main street $750

What I'm trying to do is make one row per person and move the duplicate
row's branch, acctAddress and $amt to new columns called branch2,
acctAddress2, $amt2, branch3, acctaddress3, $amt3, etc.
Multiple employees can have the same branch number and address.
Each employee can have up to 11 different 'branches'. I tried a vlookup but
that didn't work because it seems like too many things would have to be
sorted in ascending order.

Would this be easier done in Access??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

ps: I'm using Office XP with Windows XP pro