Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Change tab a fomula references

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with figuring out how to change the
wording in a formula just by changing the value in a cell on a completely
different sheet.

For example:

I'm working with multiple sheets, named Warehouse 1, Warehouse 2, Warehouse
3, etc. I then have a sheet that gets data from the Warehouse 1 sheet
("Results" sheet). All necessary formulas have been entered to make the
Warehouse 1 data populate correctly on the "Results" sheet.

What I would like to do is pick a cell, say A10, in the "Results" sheet and
enter (via drop-down or manually), for example, "Warehouse 15", so that the
sheet will now update all formulas containing references to "Warehouse 1" to
"Warehouse 15", pulling data from the "Warehouse 15 tab".

Is this possible?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the data is layed out like a table you could consolidate all the warehouse
data in a master summary sheet. Then you could use a pivot table to provide
a variety of summarization, and you could use the warehouse number as a page
field so you could drill down by location.

Hope this helps...
--
Kevin Backmann