Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default What is the easiest way to do this?

I made this spread sheet and I started putting all my formulas and a matrix
on sheet 1 since it was to be a small project. The project went from a
simple spread sheet to a major project and now I have dozens of matrices on
sheet 1. Now that I look back at what I have done I see a sheet that is
using information in column DT. Is there a way to take the information and
formulas from say columns E-DT to sheet 2 and make it reference sheet 1 and
vise versa without completely re-writing the formulas? I am sure I will have
to modify the formulas some but I dont know how to go about this. Thanks in
advance for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Cerberus wrote:
I made this spread sheet and I started putting all my formulas and a matrix
on sheet 1 since it was to be a small project. The project went from a
simple spread sheet to a major project and now I have dozens of matrices on
sheet 1. Now that I look back at what I have done I see a sheet that is
using information in column DT. Is there a way to take the information and
formulas from say columns E-DT to sheet 2 and make it reference sheet 1 and
vise versa without completely re-writing the formulas? I am sure I will have
to modify the formulas some but I dont know how to go about this. Thanks in
advance for any help.

Why don't you try and CUT a portion of your spreadsheet and PASTE to another
worksheet (not too much)
Then if it still works, save it under a new filename, then do a bit more and
so on and on and on etc.
You might then see if you can carry on doing it that way

Good luck

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Seems to be working so far for most of my matrices but I now have a question
about validating a cell. Can I reference a cell on sheet 1 with a list on
sheet 2 or do the have to be on the same sheet? Thank you for your help, I
really appreciate it.

"Francois via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Cerberus wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I understand the 2nd question correctly, the answer is "Yes, you can set
up data validation on a sheet (cell) using a list on another sheet." You
need to give a name to the range of cells that contain your list.

Download this file, as it shows how to do the setup, and even shows how to
use the data validation results as part of a VLOOKUP() formula to gather data
from a table. My email address is in the workbook if you have any problems.

http://www.jlathamsite.com/uploads/D...arateSheet.xls