Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting

I have an excel spreadsheet that if say c1 doesn't equal a1 then I want to
change the color in c1. How would I set this up?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Conditional Formating
In C1 =C1<A1 Format color to your choice

Bom

"Kelly P" wrote:

I have an excel spreadsheet that if say c1 doesn't equal a1 then I want to
change the color in c1. How would I set this up?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lee lee is offline

first click on c1
Then go to Format and conditional formating.
Make sure the Cell Value is on "Not Equal to"
Then in the next box type =A1.
Then click format.
If you want the entire cell highlighted click on the "Patterns" Tab
Choose the color you want
click "ok"
then "ok" again.

Should do it

"Kelly P" wrote:

I have an excel spreadsheet that if say c1 doesn't equal a1 then I want to
change the color in c1. How would I set this up?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
select C1.
on the menu bar....
formatcontitional format
formula is......=IF(C1=A1,1,0)
pick your format.

Regards
FSt1

"Kelly P" wrote:

I have an excel spreadsheet that if say c1 doesn't equal a1 then I want to
change the color in c1. How would I set this up?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've tried all of the above suggestions, none work. I should probably also
say that column c is currently empty and I'm needing it to change when I put
the number in. If the number matches the corresponding cell in a then it
would stay the same, if it is higher or lower it needs to change to a
specified color.

Thanks

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
select C1.
on the menu bar....
formatcontitional format
formula is......=IF(C1=A1,1,0)
pick your format.

Regards
FSt1

"Kelly P" wrote:

I have an excel spreadsheet that if say c1 doesn't equal a1 then I want to
change the color in c1. How would I set this up?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I understand your request, you want C1 to be blank if it is empty or if it
equals A1. If it is greater than A1, change it to one color. If it is less
than A1, change it to another color.

In the Conditional Formatting dialog, for Condition 1 Formula Is enter
=AND(LEN(C1)0,C1A1)
Use the Format button to specify the color C1 should be if it is greater
than A1.

Click the Add button to add another condition.
In the Conditional Formatting dialog, for Condition 2 Formula Is enter
=AND(LEN(C1)0,C1<A1)
Use the Format button to specify the color C1 should be if it is less than A1.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"Kelly P" wrote:

I've tried all of the above suggestions, none work. I should probably also
say that column c is currently empty and I'm needing it to change when I put
the number in. If the number matches the corresponding cell in a then it
would stay the same, if it is higher or lower it needs to change to a
specified color.

Thanks

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
select C1.
on the menu bar....
formatcontitional format
formula is......=IF(C1=A1,1,0)
pick your format.

Regards
FSt1

"Kelly P" wrote:

I have an excel spreadsheet that if say c1 doesn't equal a1 then I want to
change the color in c1. How would I set this up?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...exactly what I wanted!

"Kelly P" wrote:

I've tried all of the above suggestions, none work. I should probably also
say that column c is currently empty and I'm needing it to change when I put
the number in. If the number matches the corresponding cell in a then it
would stay the same, if it is higher or lower it needs to change to a
specified color.

Thanks

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
select C1.
on the menu bar....
formatcontitional format
formula is......=IF(C1=A1,1,0)
pick your format.

Regards
FSt1

"Kelly P" wrote:

I have an excel spreadsheet that if say c1 doesn't equal a1 then I want to
change the color in c1. How would I set this up?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For a CF formula of =IF(C1=A1,1,0) you could simplify it to =C1=A1
but I think the OP wanted =C1<A1
--
David Biddulph

"FSt1" wrote in message
hi
select C1.
on the menu bar....
formatcontitional format
formula is......=IF(C1=A1,1,0)
pick your format.

Regards
FSt1

"Kelly P" wrote:

I have an excel spreadsheet that if say c1 doesn't equal a1 then I want
change the color in c1. How would I set this up?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

and your are right.
i made a mistake because i didn't test first. oops.
and i suppose it could be simplified. but works = works and don't work =
don't work.
avoid don't work.

regard
FSt1

"David Biddulph" wrote:

For a CF formula of =IF(C1=A1,1,0) you could simplify it to =C1=A1
but I think the OP wanted =C1<A1
--
David Biddulph

"FSt1" wrote in message
hi
select C1.
on the menu bar....
formatcontitional format
formula is......=IF(C1=A1,1,0)
pick your format.

Regards
FSt1

"Kelly P" wrote:

I have an excel spreadsheet that if say c1 doesn't equal a1 then I want
change the color in c1. How would I set this up?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi again
just as i hit the post button i saw an error.
not this formula is.....=IF(E1=B1,1,0)
this formula is.....=IF(E1<B1,1,0) or NOT equal.

sorry about that

Regards
FSt1

"Kelly P" wrote:

I have an excel spreadsheet that if say c1 doesn't equal a1 then I want to
change the color in c1. How would I set this up?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Kelly,

You can do this with Conditional formatting.
Simply put =C1<A1 in the formula section, and then click the Format button
to select the font and/or shading as you like.

Rob