Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Radio button not working for duplicate worksheets

I have a work sheet that has 4 radio buttons that help users choose one of
the following:
=IF(B12=TRUE,I8,0)
=IF(B13=TRUE,I8,0)
=IF(B14=TRUE,I8,0)
=IF(B15=TRUE,I8,0)
I have made 4 duplicates of this exact same sheet for example Earned Income
Method (2) and so on. But what I have found is that once a user has clicked
a radio button on sheet 1 if they use any of the other 4 sheets and click a
radio button it un-clicks the 1st one losing their data.
Is there any way to keep each worksheet radio button fuctions to itself??

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

~Roxy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hopefully someone else will be able to answer your question, but one minor
point is that I don't think you need the =TRUE
=IF(B12,I8,0) should do it.
--
David Biddulph

"Roxy" wrote in message
I have a work sheet that has 4 radio buttons that help users choose one of
the following:
=IF(B12=TRUE,I8,0)
=IF(B13=TRUE,I8,0)
=IF(B14=TRUE,I8,0)
=IF(B15=TRUE,I8,0)
I have made 4 duplicates of this exact same sheet for example Earned
Income
Method (2) and so on. But what I have found is that once a user has
clicked
a radio button on sheet 1 if they use any of the other 4 sheets and click
radio button it un-clicks the 1st one losing their data.
Is there any way to keep each worksheet radio button fuctions to itself??

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

~Roxy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't think that was the fix.

My guess...

You added optionbuttons from the control toolbox toolbar to a specific
worksheet.

Then you copied the optionbuttons from one sheet to another (or even copied the
entire sheet).

There's a property of the optionbuttons from the control toolbox toolbar called
GroupName that tells excel how to group them together. (Kind of the way using a
Groupbox with optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar groups them together.)

In my guess, the optionbuttons were copied--that means the GroupNames didn't
changed -- even though the optionbuttons are on different sheets.

So show that control toolbox toolbar and click on the design mode icon.

Then rightclick on each optionbutton in a group and give them all the same
GroupName. Do the same with the optionbuttons on the second sheet, too (but use
a different group name).

FYI: The default groupname for these optionbuttons is the worksheet name--but
you can use any valid name you like.

Another thing to review is the LinkedCell property. Make sure each group points
at the cell you want on the correct worksheet.

"Roxy" wrote in message
I have a work sheet that has 4 radio buttons that help users choose one of
the following:
=IF(B12=TRUE,I8,0)
=IF(B13=TRUE,I8,0)
=IF(B14=TRUE,I8,0)
=IF(B15=TRUE,I8,0)
I have made 4 duplicates of this exact same sheet for example Earned
Income
Method (2) and so on. But what I have found is that once a user has
clicked
a radio button on sheet 1 if they use any of the other 4 sheets and click
radio button it un-clicks the 1st one losing their data.
Is there any way to keep each worksheet radio button fuctions to itself??

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

~Roxy

--

Dave Peterson