Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional format when autofilter engaged

I have autofilter engaged. When I choose a filter from one of the columns,
I'd like to conditionally format the column to show in a color to further
denote it is the one currently on filter option.
Formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

take a look at the sample file at Debra Dalgleish's site
http://www.contextures.com/FilterHighlightList.zip

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"ttbbgg" wrote in message
I have autofilter engaged. When I choose a filter from one of the
columns,
I'd like to conditionally format the column to show in a color to further
denote it is the one currently on filter option.
Formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Roger;
This does look valuable, however creating a UDF is a little beyond me as it
seems to entail me creating my own initial filter logic rather than using the
autofilter available. Although I have reviewed and understand the concept I
was hoping for an easier way.

"ttbbgg" wrote in message
I have autofilter engaged. When I choose a filter from one of the
columns,
I'd like to conditionally format the column to show in a color to further
denote it is the one currently on filter option.
Formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I looked further on the site, and the FilterColor.zip seemed to help me more
because I simply copy/pasted the VBA script into my own sheet. It's a
general script dependong on the Autofilter to be engaged, so it worked.