-   -   where did the blogs go? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/176465-where-did-blogs-go.html)

Sebastien

where did the blogs go?

Hi, (sorry, a bit out of context.)

Anybody knows what happened to the main excel blog:
http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/
managed by ?david garnier?
.... and other blogs.

I have been using the above bookmark for more than a year.
The link now goes to a Technet login page. I tried my blog/passport/live
logins, but it does not work. I tried the search on that page... nothing. I
tried the Contact Us on that microsoft page but it returns a 404.
I googled it to no avail.

Anybody has any idea?
Thanks,
Sebastien

Jim Cone

where did the blogs go?

Same situation here.
After trying a few buttons on TechNet, it appears that MS now requires $349.00
in order to let you how great XL2007 is.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"sebastien"
wrote in message
Hi, (sorry, a bit out of context.)
Anybody knows what happened to the main excel blog:
http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/
managed by ?david garnier?
.... and other blogs.

I have been using the above bookmark for more than a year.
The link now goes to a Technet login page. I tried my blog/passport/live
logins, but it does not work. I tried the search on that page... nothing. I
tried the Contact Us on that microsoft page but it returns a 404.
I googled it to no avail.

Anybody has any idea?
Thanks,
Sebastien

Niek Otten

where did the blogs go?

I'm not sure what you mean.

Is this what you're looking for?

http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/archive/2008/02.aspx

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Jim Cone" wrote in message ...

| Same situation here.
| After trying a few buttons on TechNet, it appears that MS now requires $349.00
| in order to let you how great XL2007 is.
| --
| Jim Cone
| San Francisco, USA
| http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
| (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming)
|

| "sebastien"
| wrote in message
| Hi, (sorry, a bit out of context.)
| Anybody knows what happened to the main excel blog:
| http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/
| managed by ?david garnier?
| ... and other blogs.
|
| I have been using the above bookmark for more than a year.
| The link now goes to a Technet login page. I tried my blog/passport/live
| logins, but it does not work. I tried the search on that page... nothing. I
| tried the Contact Us on that microsoft page but it returns a 404.
| I googled it to no avail.
|
| Anybody has any idea?
| Thanks,
| Sebastien

Jim Cone

where did the blogs go?

Niek,
Somebody from MS must have read these posts and changed their mind.
My link now works... http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/default.aspx
Thanks,
Jim Cone

wrote in message |
| Same situation here.
| After trying a few buttons on TechNet, it appears that MS now requires $349.00
| in order to let you how great XL2007 is.
| --
| Jim Cone
| San Francisco, USA
| http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
| (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming)
|

| "sebastien"
| wrote in message
| Hi, (sorry, a bit out of context.)
| Anybody knows what happened to the main excel blog:
| http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/
| managed by ?david garnier?
| ... and other blogs.
|
| I have been using the above bookmark for more than a year.
| The link now goes to a Technet login page. I tried my blog/passport/live
| logins, but it does not work. I tried the search on that page... nothing. I
| tried the Contact Us on that microsoft page but it returns a 404.
| I googled it to no avail.
|
| Anybody has any idea?
| Thanks,
| Sebastien

Niek Otten

where did the blogs go?

Good!

Really very informative blog

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

| wrote in message |
|| Same situation here.
|| After trying a few buttons on TechNet, it appears that MS now requires $349.00
|| in order to let you how great XL2007 is.
|| --
|| Jim Cone
|| San Francisco, USA
|| http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
|| (Excel Add-ins / Excel Programming)
|| "sebastien"
|| wrote in message
|| Hi, (sorry, a bit out of context.)
|| Anybody knows what happened to the main excel blog:
|| http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/
|| managed by ?david garnier?
|| ... and other blogs.
|| I have been using the above bookmark for more than a year.
|| The link now goes to a Technet login page. I tried my blog/passport/live
|| logins, but it does not work. I tried the search on that page... nothing. I
|| tried the Contact Us on that microsoft page but it returns a 404.
|| I googled it to no avail.
|| Anybody has any idea?
|| Thanks,
|| Sebastien

Sebastien

where did the blogs go?

It works for me too now.
Yes, definitely a very interesting blog.

Thanks.

Sebastien