Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Automation to Excel from Access

This code..from Access..
objXLSheet.Columns("I:I").NumberFormat = "Short Date"
...or..
objXLSheet.Columns("I:I").NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yy"

...opens in Excel as the date's number, IE 39462

Ideas please? TIA - Bob
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Short Date" not a valid NumberFormat in Excel.
However, It is valid when used with the Format function.

The "mm/dd/yy" NumberFormat is legitimate, but maybe it is being overridden
by the code that places the data in the column.
You might try altering when the numberformat is added to the column.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA