Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Collapse Rows?

I did a search on here and wasn't confident that some of the responses
answered my question.

I have a about 400 rows of information. A lot of the row information is
blank except for the first two columns A and B. Is there a way I can collapse
all the "blank rows", which are the rows that don't have data after column A
and B?

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do you mean that you want to hide rows or columns? - it's a bit
confusing in your post.

If you want to hide rows where cells are empty, then you could apply
autofilter to a number of columns and select "non-blanks" from the
filter pull-downs.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 6, 3:14*pm, LiveUser
wrote:
I did a search on here and wasn't confident that some of the responses
answered my question.

I have a about 400 rows of information. A lot of the row information is
blank except for the first two columns A and B. Is there a way I can collapse
all the "blank rows", which are the rows that don't have data after column A
and B?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No. I do not want to hide to the extent that they are gone until you unhide.
I would like there to be a drop down to view what is not being shown.

I want this:

A B C D
1 Data Data Data Data
2 Data Data Data Data
3 Data Data Data Data
4 Data Data
5 Data Data
6 Data Data
7 Data Data Data Data
8 Data Data Data Data
9 Data Data Data Data

To look like this:

A B C D
1 Data Data Data Data
2 Data Data Data Data
3 Data Data Data Data
4- Data Data
7 Data Data Data Data
8 Data Data Data Data
9 Data Data Data Data

wrote:
I did a search on here and wasn't confident that some of the responses
answered my question.

I have a about 400 rows of information. A lot of the row information is
blank except for the first two columns A and B. Is there a way I can collapse
all the "blank rows", which are the rows that don't have data after column A
and B?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sub hiderowsifnodata()
For i = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
If Application.CountA(Rows(i)) < 3 Then Rows(i).Hidden = True
Next i

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"LiveUser" wrote in message
I did a search on here and wasn't confident that some of the responses
answered my question.

I have a about 400 rows of information. A lot of the row information is
blank except for the first two columns A and B. Is there a way I can
collapse
all the "blank rows", which are the rows that don't have data after column
and B?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don,

1. Will this work if there is always data in columns A and B?
2. This is a summary sheet that I am wanting to hide/collapse blank data.
All the data is coming from a Start:End!. If I update another worksheet
within Start:End! will that row appear on the summary if it was previously
hidden?

Thank you...

"LiveUser" wrote in message
I did a search on here and wasn't confident that some of the responses
answered my question.

I have a about 400 rows of information. A lot of the row information is
blank except for the first two columns A and B. Is there a way I can
collapse
all the "blank rows", which are the rows that don't have data after column
and B?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My understanding is that col a:b would ALWAYS have data and that you wanted
to hide rows where c: beyond were blank.....You said nothing about a
specified range. You should ALWAYS state ALL of your requirements so as to
NOT waste the time of responders. Please give examples of your data or send
me a workbook.

Sub hiderowsifnodata()
For i = 406 to 64 step -1
If Application.CountA(Rows(i)) < 3 Then Rows(i).Hidden = True
Next i

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
SalesAid Software

"LiveUser" wrote in message
Don,

This didn't work.

It hid rows that had nothing in them at all. It did nothing to rows with
Data in columns A and B.

I also want to only do this for a selection. For instance A64:M406.

Thank you.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

You probably want this as the first line to unhide all before the test

Rows.Hidden = False

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"LiveUser" wrote in message
I did a search on here and wasn't confident that some of the
answered my question.

I have a about 400 rows of information. A lot of the row information
is
blank except for the first two columns A and B. Is there a way I can
collapse
all the "blank rows", which are the rows that don't have data after
column
and B?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don,

I am sorry. I do not intend to waste anyones time and I do greatly
appreciate everyones help on this forum.

I have worked with macros before that work by range. I am still fairly a
novice working with macros.

The macro did not work.

If Application.CountA(Rows(i)) < 3 Then Rows(i).Hidden = True
Next i

It bounces back and forth between If Application.CountA(Rows(i)) and Next i.

Do I have to specify within the macro which cells I want or can I highlight
anything and the macro will recognize what I selected?

"LiveUser" wrote in message
I did a search on here and wasn't confident that some of the
answered my question.

I have a about 400 rows of information. A lot of the row information
is
blank except for the first two columns A and B. Is there a way I can
collapse
all the "blank rows", which are the rows that don't have data after
column
and B?

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You didn't answer the question I posed in the last post. As I said, you may
send the workbook to me if desired.
You just posted only two lines. Is that what you used?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel