Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can 409 row height be exceeded?

I have someone who wants to have a large section of text in a cell, is there
a way to exceed the 409 row height to make it all appear in the cell?

Thanks,
Susan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Red Red is offline

If you merge the cell that has the large amount of text in it with the next
cell (or cells) then you should be able to increase the amount of data that
is able to be input.

To merge cells, select the cells you want to combine, then go to format,
cells and on the alignment tabe select merge.

Thanks
Red
--
Just a fellow Excel user here to help when I can.....

"Susan" wrote:

I have someone who wants to have a large section of text in a cell, is there
a way to exceed the 409 row height to make it all appear in the cell?

Thanks,
Susan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Susan,

I think its important to remember that regardless of how tall the cell is,
if you are using 2003 or earlier you can only see and print the first ~1024
characters if they are in a cell.

You can beat that limit in 2007 or by using a textbox.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Susan" wrote:

I have someone who wants to have a large section of text in a cell, is there
a way to exceed the 409 row height to make it all appear in the cell?

Thanks,
Susan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Red

Several cells merged into one makes for a single larger cell with the same
limits as a single regular cell.

See Dave's post about the Alt + Enter

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP